Hilton Herbs Himalayan Salt Licks are obviously distinctive by their colour, however it's not just this that sets them apart from other licks. We like to describe them as salt licks with 'nothing added and nothing taken out' and we believe they are one of the purest forms of salt (sodium chloride ) available.
Hilton Herbs Himalayan Salt Licks have been analysed and have been shown to be predominantly sodium chloride, with other trace elements such as potassium and magnesium which are vital for maintaining health, and iron which is responsible for the distinctive rose pink colour. Himalayan Rock Salt Licks are literally rock hard, which means that horses and ponies are unable to bite chunks off, a problem that can occur with the softer 'pressed' salt licks. The licks are also much more weather-resistant and can be hung up in the pasture for horses and ponies to 'self dose' exactly as nature intended.
Quality is always our policy - In line with all Hilton Herbs products our Himalayan Salt Licks are ethically sourced from a fully accredited supplier whose facilities comply fully with FDA/NASC feed safety standards.
- Natural Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
- Himalayan Salt Licks can be used in the barn, shelter or pasture
- Smaller licks are suitable for placing in the feed bowl for horses or ponies that eat too quickly
- Medium sized Licks can be hung in the stall, barn or pasture
- Larger licks are best suited for use in the field
- Himalayan Salt Licks are more resistant to rain than ordinary pressed salt licks but will deteriorate if left sitting in water
- Rectangular block holders can be fixed as required and will fit with our 2 Kg Blocks
- 1.6 lb licks and 30.8 lbs licks do not come with a rope
- Restrict access to Licks in a stable if you find your horse or pony is taking too much interest : use in feed bowl instead
If you have any concerns about your animal's health please contact your vet immediately. If you have any queries about using this product, or if your animal is pregnant, please contact our Helpline 1 855 261 1289 (Toll-free) or email firstname.lastname@example.org