Black Himalayan Rock Salt Lick
With Added Herbs & Spices
BLACK SALT is regarded as having the following properties:
• Supports a balanced digestion
• Helps maintain healthy eyesight
• Supports healthy skin
• Natural source of sodium chloride, iron, copper & magnesium
Black Salt (Kala namak or Sanchal) is a natural Ayurvedic product ranging from amber to a dark purple, brownish-black colour, hence the name. Black Salt is produced by combining the now familiar Pink Himalayan Rock Salt with herbs and spices. The popular Rock Salt is heated to more than 1400 degrees Farenheit, and then mixed with various spices including the seed of the Black Myrobalan tree (harad) which lends a sulphurous flavour to the salt and darkens its colour.
- Himalayan rock salt
- Himalayan Salt Licks can be used in the stall, shelter or pasture
- Suitable for placing in the feed bowl for horses or ponies that bolt their feed
- Himalayan Salt Licks are more resistant to rain than ordinary pressed salt licks but will deteriorate if left sitting in water
- With licks in stalls some horses & ponies will lick excessively so restrict access by removing the lick for periods during the day.
- Black Salt is used extensively in traditional Indian cuisine bringing its distinctive flavour to appetisers, marinades, chutneys, yoghurts, pickles and salads, adding a sulphurous aroma and distinctive smoky taste to food.
- When we were first sent samples of the Black Salt licks by our supplier we were sceptical as to whether our horses would lick them. We couldn’t have been more wrong because as soon as the Black Salt Licks were hung up in their stables they immediately started licking them. Of course when you investigate the anecdotal and traditional health benefits associated with the use of Black Salt it really isn’t any wonder the horses are so keen!