CALM & COLLECTED is formulated to maintain and support:
- a calm and balanced nervous system
- spooky, inattentive, young, "hot" , tense or anxious horses
- shelter or rescue animals who have had previous poor treatment.
- anxious horses settling into a new environment or changes in their schooling
Calm & Collected is a dry supplement containing herbs such as chamomile and valerian to help maintain a healthy nervous system in horses of all ages. Its liquid equivalent, Calm & Collected Gold, is often used first due to its quicker initial absorption (we do not suggest you give both together). If you find your horse becoming tense or nervous, try to pinpoint any areas which may have caused this including lack of turnout, too much grain or sweet feed, insufficient exercise, etc.
If your horse is on prolonged stall rest, due to an injury, our Rest Easy Gold might be more appropriate to use than the Calm & Collected range. For mares affected more by their seasons, consider our Easy Mare range instead.
- is a soothing cream for minor wounds, abrasions and skin irritations
- encourages healthy normal hair re-growth
- can be used on any animal
- will not harm if licked off and ingested
Phytobalm can be used on any animal. Our customers call it our "magic" cream. It is made using a Shea butter base with added herbal tinctures and essential oils including calendula, hypericum, tea tree and myrrh, along with honey and propolis from the bees. It is ideal to use for minor wounds, cuts, scrapes, abrasions or any irritated skin.
Calm & Collected:
- Valerian root
- Chamomile flowers
- Vervain herb
- Marshmallow root
- Hawthorn flowering tops
- Meadowsweet herb
- Shea Butter
- Calendula ( Marigold ) Flower Infused Oil
- Propolis Infused Oil
- Myrrh (Commiphora molmol) essential oil
- Propolis Infused Oil & Tincture
- Hypericum (St John’s Wort) oil and tincture
- Tea Tree ( Melaleuca ) Essential Oil
- Calendula ( Marigold ) Extract
Phytobalm contains only natural preservatives and does not contain any parabens petrolium based preservative.Herb Glossary
- We recommend splitting the daily amount between two administrations.
- A 50ml scoop is included in the tub or bag and full instructions will be found on the packaging.
- Please allow up to a month for full benefits to be seen.
- Horses & ponies are individuals so often a lower maintenance amount will be sufficient for long-term use.
Apply to any minor wounds, cuts, abrasions, sore or irritated skin.
If you have any concerns about your animal's health please contact your veterinarian immediately. If you have any queries about using this product, or if your animal is pregnant, please contact our Helpline 1 855 261 1289 (Toll-free) or email email@example.com
One of the herbs used in this product is Valerian (Valeriana officinalis). Valerian is adored by both cats and mice. In the old days, when there was an apothecary or herbalist on every street, the herbs were often stored in wooden drawers in a large sideboard. It was said that you could always tell the valerian drawer because it would be rubbed shiny by the apothecary cat rubbing up against it and polishing the wood with its body. It is also suggested that the Pied Piper of Hamelin used valerian to entice the mice and rats to follow him out of the town.
Shea Butter which forms the base of our fantastic Phytobalm, is made from the nuts of a tree found on the African savannahs. This rich soothing butter is used by the local women for minor cuts and abrasions, and for its remarkable skin softening properties. We use Phytobalm on all our animals and ourselves, keep some handy in the home, barn or tack room.
The Honey and Propolis we use in our Phytobalm is sourced only from British Hives.