Duo: Mud Defender & Mud Defender Lotion *SAVE 15%*
Special Price: 4.4lb Bag + 1.05pt Bottle
SAVE 15% with our Mud Defender + Mud Defender Lotion (1 x 4.4lb Bag + 1 x 1.05pt Bottle)
MUD DEFENDER - a new product field-trialled over the winter of 2013/2014 in the UK, France & the USA with great success, and is formulated to maintain and support:
- the body's natural ability to resist mud-dwelling bacteria
- a supply of the Fatty Acids Omega 3 & 6 required to support the skin's epidermal layers integrity, strength and condition
- the amino acids required for Keratin production that forms the first line of defence in skin and hair
- the Zinc and Vitamin B requirements to help synthesise Keratin production
- the body's overall immune response
- cell renewal and regrowth of skin and hair
- healthy skin and coat condition
Mud Defender is a dry supplement containing herbs such as echinacea, calendula and garlic to help horses and ponies maintain a natural resistance to mud-dwelling bacteria and support healthy coat and skin. Successfully field-trialled, Mud Defender Supplement can be used alongside our Mud Defender Lotion for optimum benefits.
Mud Defender Lotion:
MUD DEFENDER LOTION is formulated to maintain and support:
- sore or abraded skin
- skin cell integrity
- natural resistance to mud dwelling bacteria
- skin cell and hair regeneration
- the softening of scabs
Mud Defender Lotion is gentle and soothing in action and contains aloe vera and coconut oil blended with Goldenseal, Calendula, Hypericum, Myrrh, Tea Tree and Rosemary. It can be used independently or for optimum benefits use alongside our Mud Defender Supplement. The Mud Defender range was extensively trialled in the USA as well as Europe and the UK with great success.
IngredientsMud Defender Supplement
- Cooked Flaxseed meal
- Brewers Yeast
- Kelp (Ascophyllum nodosum)
- Calendula flowers
- Echinacea root
- Liquorice root
- Aloe Vera gel
- Coconut Oil
- Propolis infused Oil & tincture
- Goldenseal & Calendula tinctures
- Calendula & Hypericum infused oil
- Tea Tree & Rosemary essential oils
- We recommend splitting the daily amount between two administrations.
- A 50ml scoop is included in the tub or bag and full instructions will be found on the packaging.
- We suggest owners introduce the supplement during the Fall to give the ingredients time to get into the system before the horses skin is exposed to wet or humid conditions
- Please allow up to a month for full benefits to be seen.
- Horses & ponies are individuals so often a lower maintenance amount will be sufficient for long-term use.
Mud Defender Lotion
- Mud Defender lotion can be used on any area of the body.
- Use at the first sign of sore, damaged skin.
- Lightly brush off mud if dried, or wash area with cold water and gently pat dry.
- Apply to clean dry skin working in well and leaving a thin film of lotion on top of the skin.
- If skin is scabbed apply the lotion over the top of the scabs and work in well.
- When the scabs soften try to gently remove them and apply more lotion.
- The lotion should be applied to clean dry legs prior to turnout or stabling.
Mud Defender Lotion is safe to apply to broken sore or scabbed skin and should not sting when applied. The lotion is not designed to be used as a barrier cream, but does contain oils that should help deter water penetration. As with any new product, we advise patch testing prior to general use if your horse has a sensitive skin.
If you have any concerns about your animal's health please contact your vet immediately. If you have any queries about using this product, or if your animal is pregnant, please contact our Toll Free Helpline 1 855 261 1289 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We include Steamed Flaxseed in our Mud Defender supplement. This palatable plant is a rich source of Omega's 3 & 6, that when fed can help support the skin's normal healthy integrity, strength, condition and resistance to mud dwelling bacteria and humid damp conditions.
Omega 3’s are found in Linseeds / Flax seeds, soya beans, and oily fish (sardines, salmon etc.). Omega 6’s are found in nuts, sunflower seeds, etc. Flax/ Linseed also contains - phytoestrogens, flavonoids, a complex array of amino acids and micronutrients such as Thiamine ( Vit B1), Riboflavin ( Vit B2), Niacin ( Vit B3), Pantothenic acid ( B5), Vitamin B6, Vit C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc.
The Propolis tincture and infused oil we use in our Mud Defender Lotion is sourced exclusively from UK hives.
Goldenseal - Hydrastis canadensis is an endangered species in the wild, and has been designated a CITES herb, this means it is now protected against over-exploitation through International trade. Our customers can be confident that the Goldenseal tincture we use in our Mud Defender Lotion is produced using only sustainably sourced Goldenseal cultivated in the USA.