HOOF & HEALTH is formulated to maintain and support:
- healthy hoof growth
- deep coat colour and coat and skin quality
- all-round optimum health with its balanced blend of vital nutrients
- young horses in their development
Hoof & Health, which combines seaweeds and rosehips, is rich in minerals such as iodine, sulphur, iron, calcium, copper, magnesium and selenium plus amino acids and vitamins such as beta carotene, B1, B2, B12, C, D and E. Research has confirmed that good nutrition plays a major role in the development of both strong healthy hooves as well as general overall health. Do remember that good hoof growth is gradual and does take time. You and your farrier or trimmer will soon notice an improvement.
Some customers like to switch between Herb Power and our Hoof & Health supplement to give optimum coverage throughout the year. Also consider our Himalayan Salt Licks and of course, our Herballs treats.
- Deep Sea Kelp (Ascophyllum nodosum)
- Rosehip shells
- Calcified Seaweed
- Bladderwrack (Fucus vesiculosus)
- Add to feed, where possible splitting the daily quantity between 2 feeds.
- A 15ml scoop is included in the bucket or bag and full instructions will be found on the packaging.
- If you horse has not had seaweed before introduce gradually as the supplement has a strong aroma.
- Please allow up to a month for the herbs to be fully absorbed. Remember horses hooves are slow growing and it can take several months for an improvement to be seen.
- All horses and ponies are individuals so often a lower maintenance amount will be sufficient for long-term use.
If you have any concerns about your animal's health please contact your vet immediately. If you have any queries about using this product, or if your animal is pregnant, please contact our Toll Free Helpline on 1 855 261 1289 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Seaweed is one of the staple foods of the UK's Shetland Islands native ponies and sheep. The ponies, which are used to surviving in extremely harsh conditions, are regular visitors to the islands' beaches where they browse on the seaweeds washed up by the tide.
In our Hoof and Health we use three different seaweed species as well as pure fine-cut Rosehip shells. The two kelp seaweeds, sourced from Scotland and Brittany, France, are Ascophyllum nodosum and Fucus vesiculosis which are both rich in essential nutrients such as Iodine, amino acids, vitamins and minerals. The third seaweed, which is sourced from Ireland, is a hard coral-like species commonly referred to as Calcified seaweed which is rich in calcium.